An anemometer measures various wind parameters. Generally, these are wind speed sensors to record wind speed, and wind direction sensors to measure the direction from which the wind is coming.
Wind sensors use different technologies to record the different wind parameters. For example, there are wind speed sensors with a cup star (cup anemometer) or wind sensors that take advantage of thermal effects (hot wire anemometer).
Ultrasonic anemometers are also used. In contrast to thermal wind measurement or wind measurement with cupstar technology, wind speed is recorded using ultrasonic transit time measurement.
- Land use under all climatic conditions
- Wind turbines
- Monitoring of railway lines
- Weather services and environmental agencies
- Chemical and industrial installations
- Power stations, sewage treatment plants and landfill sites
- Crane systems
- Construction site
- Professional meteorological applications